Coronavirus, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced a 21-day lockdown across the country So Under the PM Garib Kalyan Yojana , 80 crore poor people, covering … finance minister said on Thursday, announcing the package 2020.
PM Garib Kalyan Yojana 2020
Finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced a Rs 1.7 lakh crore package under the PM Garib Kalyan Yojna, directed at bringing relief to the urban and rural poor, migrant workers and women in the bottom rung of the socio-economic strata.
HighLight PM Yojana
- Under Health Insurance, Rs. 50 lakhs insurance cover will be provided
- For the next three months, 80 million poor people will get 5kg of wheat or rice and 1kg of choice pulses for free every month.
- · 20 crore women Jan Dhan account holders will get Rs. Get 500
- · MNREGA allowance of Rs. Increased from 182 to Rs. 202, which will benefit 13.62 crore households
- · 3 crore poor senior citizens, poor widows and poor widows. Will provide additional assistance of 1,000
- · Under the Prime Minister Kisan Yojana, the government will provide Rs. 2,000, which will benefit 8.7 crore farmers
- · The central government has directed the state governments to use the Building and Construction Workers Welfare Fund to provide relief to construction workers.
Prime Minister’s poor welfare package
- I. Insurance for Health Workers Fighting Covid-19 in Government Hospitals and Healthcare Centers
- · Cleaning staff, vod-boys, nurses, Asha workers, paramedics, technicians, doctors and specialists and other health workers will be covered by special insurance.
- · If any mishap occurs with any of the health sector professionals treating VD-19 patients, they will have to pay Rs. 50 lakhs will be paid in return.
- · All Government Health Centers, Wellness Centers and Hospitals of the Central and State Governments will be covered under the scheme, providing insurance coverage to approximately 22 lakh health workers to fight the epidemic.